What is ClearSilver?
ClearSilver is a fast and powerful
HTML templating system.
ClearSilver is language neutral, allowing you to seamlessly
mix C, C++, Python, Perl, Java, PHP, and any other programming
language you use, all in the same site, or even the same
ClearSilver is fast, avoiding the problems created by
language-specific template systems written in slow interpreted languages
such as Python or Perl.
ClearSilver is easy to use. Unlike XML/XSLT, which are
complicated to setup and understand. You'll quickly find that
ClearSilver is the easiest way to develop dynamic webpages.
Here are some projects that at one time used ClearSilver.
- wunderground.com - The Weather Underground
serves comprehensive world-wide weather information to millions of users per day. (C)
- Mollyguard - a Premium Service Enabler built on top of PayPal. (Python)
- Xoom - The smarter
way to send money. (Python)
- BroadOn - Clearsilver is used for templating of the web-UI for an embedded device. (C)
- Bloglines - Used by the server based RSS aggregator. (C)
- Plaxo - Used by the website portion of this shared address book. (C)
- Techdirt Wireless - Just one of many enterprise blog sites run by Techdirt Corporate Intelligence. (C)
- Discogs - Discogs is a user-built database containing information on artists, labels, and their recordings. (Python)
- Google Groups - The new version of Google Groups uses ClearSilver. (C++/Python)
- Orkut - Google's
social networking site uses ClearSilver. (Java)
- trac - an issue tracker with wiki-features and a bridge to subversion
- Manhattan Virtual Classroom - a GPL'd course management system (C)
- netcon - an operational machine and network monitoring and notification tool written in Python
- Hassan Image Server - a
server for sharing web-browsable photo repositories. (Python)
- Gaku.net - Personal Portal written in ClearSilver, complete with a web-wikki (Ukki). (Perl)
- Zild Application Server - Used as the template language (and ClearSilver ServerPages) of this C based Application Server. (C)
- ezmlm-web -
Web interface to ezmlm mailing list manager. (Perl)
ClearSilver comes with wrappers for use in Java, Ruby, C#, Python and
Perl. There are additional wrappers available:
- Although it's not using the ClearSilver code, Yahoo Groups!
is authored in ClearSilver's ancestor, "CS/HDF". (C, Python)